Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is currently searching for Seasonal Part Time Helpers and Laboratory Assistants to join the Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry Department for the 2021 summer period (June - August). These positions are non-exempt, casual and are not eligible for benefits.
With direct supervision, performs routine laboratory and clerical assignments. In general, duties will include washing laboratory glassware, general lab organization and maintenance, data entry, and other project-specific duties as required.
*Position level will be based on the selected candidates' education and experience.
• Packing and unpacking containers
• Organizing paper or electronic files
• General clean-up; washing glassware
• Data Entry
Lab Assistant I/II:
• Light field work/sample collection
• Organizing lab work areas; washing glassware
• May use spreadsheet software
• As deemed necessary by supervisor
Lab Assistant I:
Lab Assistant II:
No pre-determined physical requirements; all candidates should be encouraged to apply.