Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) is currently searching for Project Manager to join the Marine Operations and Facilities Department. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position, and is eligible for full benefits. This role is hybrid, 3 days per week on-site in Woods Hole, MA. Fully-remote applicants will not be considered.
This position is responsible for day-to-day management activities and coordination of a variety of projects across the institution under the direction and supervision of the Senior Program Manager/Director of Special Projects. The projects are generally at the institutional level, are complex in nature and include internal and external projects that manage scientific, facilities and other special projects as assigned.
Working at the direction of and in support to the Director of Special Programs/Senior Program Manager:
· Apply effective project management techniques to the planning, design, and implementation of assigned project(s) from conception to completion, controlling scope, time, cost and deliverables.
· Responsible for shepherding procurement, invoicing, budget tracking, task management tracking, developing and maintaining project execution plans, workplans and reports.
· Manages and controls contractual commitments.
· Reviews and approves project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, and financial reports. Identifies and manages project risks.
· Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project
· Manage risk including project cost, schedule, scope and other key project controls.
· Local, regional or international travel may be required but not expected immediately at hire.
· Possesses expertise in project management as well as in-depth knowledge of marine science, operations and research disciplines.
· Successful demonstration of supporting multiple projects simultaneously with varying timelines, responsibilities and roles.
· Detailed experience with spreadsheets, presentation packages, report writing and budget accounting and tracking software.
· Experience with grant writing, proposal support, grants management, funding/sponsor reporting and technical writing.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects to completion based on track record of maintaining budget, scope and schedule for project(s).
· Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills and high degree of initiative and management skills.
· Must be able to take direction, constructive input and feedback productively to manage multiple requests on time and related milestones and deadlines.
· Proven ability to influence others who are not direct reports in a matrix setting.
· Experience supervising interns, project coordinators and administrative professionals.
· Master’s degree in a related field with relevant experience or Bachelor’s in a related field with several years of relevant professional and project management experience.
· Project Management Professional [PMP] Certification or equivalent certification preferred.
WHOI is an Aﬀirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/M/F. We encourage Veterans and those with Disabilities to apply. Applications are reviewed confidentially. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process are encouraged to contact us at (508) 289-2253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.